Week three of Zomtober and my “Zombie Vixens” problem is now sorted, I got my money back! After five weeks of waiting, a lack of response etc.. Arcane Miniatures have now refunded my payment, thank you very much, I won’t be ordering from them again in this lifetime! This does however pose me a bit of a problem however as I have now completely exhausted my supply of Zombies. I might have something suitable for a survivor for next week’s posting but to be honest my appetite for “Zom’s” is a little lacking now, hopefully it might pick up over the next couple of days.
Anyway my clown is now finished, working up from a black base coat, it took several coats of both the yellow and orange paints I’d decided to use on his costume to get a decent coverage (looking back white might have been a better undercoat choice), the highlights on these two separate sides were then added in orange mixed with a little white on the one side and lemon yellow on the other. After this I could add his flesh in a mix of dark grey and stone green. Then his cuffs and “pompoms” were painted coffee and cream and the rest of his hat and his shoes were added in porcelain blue highlighted with pale blue. It was at this point I thought his costume was a little plain so I added dots of various sizes to the yellow side in plum and shamrock green. Then his face was painted white before I added his nose in bright red and his eyes and mouth in black and white. His intestines were undercoated royal purple then while I was painting in his hair with lupin paint I added a couple of highlights to his “hanging guts” with this also, his hair was then highlighted in lavender. Then it was just a case of slapping the bright red “gore” about a bit, slavering him in “Quickshade” and painting up his base before a coat of matt varnish finished him off. I think he turned out alright, sorry I haven’t got more done this week, till next week….