OK while I didn’t post an update on my “Pond” for Dave’s “Summer of Scenery Challenge” last weekend I have been making steady (if slow) progress on it and hopefully be able to show the finished piece this weekend. In the meantime lets have another round of “What if…Wednesday”, and following on from last weeks “What is” question I thought we’d do another so without further ado so….What are your top five film or television monsters!
I love a good monster, if a movie doesn’t have a Monster, Robot, Superhero or Spaceship in it then what was the point in making it!
Now there are no size restrictions here, so everything from “Krites” and “Gremlins” all the way up to “King Kong” and “The Blob” are eligible, but there are however a couple of rules (sorry), so though the likes of “Jason Voorhees” and “Michael Myers” will be allowed “Hannibal Lecter” and “Alex Forrest” (Fatal Attraction) wont, as a “Monster” needs to have some supernatural type quality. Things like “Bruce” the Shark from “Jaws” and the Crocodile from “Lake Placid” will also count, let’s be honest it’s a bit of a grey area so I’ll leave it to your own discretion as to what counts and what doesn’t, let’s just stay within the “spirit of the rules” as they say.
So as usual I give you my top five, and then it’s over to you lot….
- Godzilla (In all his forms baring the awful 1998 Dean Devlin version)
- Aliens (Another classic monster, though being gradually destroyed by its last four movies!)
- Daleks (Another one diminished in recent years, are you noticing a trend here!)
- Francesca (Mad Monster Party’s super-hot artificial human assistant, and yes she’s a puppet from a kid’s film! I have issues OK)
- The Gill man (From “Creature from the black lagoon”, great effects for it day)
There are so many others I could pick along with some truly awful ones like the “Robot Monster” or malevolent tree stump in “From hell it came!”. But now it’s over to you, try not to scare yourselves too much…hahahahahhahah!
Stay safe and cheers Roger.