What if…Wednesday has rolled around again and in my quest to keep us all amused through lockdown I have come up with yet another way to get the “brainbox” ticking over for a while, a quiz!
OK so I’ll come clean, as of last night I hadn’t a clue as to what I was going to post up today, then my wife was sent through this quiz from her union, and I thought I’d share it with you lot today…
The rules are simple, all you have to do is complete the below sayings/ films/ books/ facts, whatever by filling in the missing words… example 101 D (101 Dalmatians) or 5 G R (5 Gold Rings), get the idea? Good there are twenty more below.
You can post your answers in the comments section below, so if you want to try remember not to scroll down to the comments before you’ve had a go or you might see other people’s answers. Sorry there is no prize just a snug feeling that you got them right. I’ll post the answers on Friday. Good luck. (Please scroll down for the answers, or don’t if you haven’t taken the quiz yet!).
- 1001 A N
- 2001 A S O
- 3 C in the F
- 3 M in a B
- 50 W T L Y L
- 8 O of T C P W
- 1 F O the C N
- 7 P on a N T
- 12 D of C
- 221b B S
- 7 B for S B
- 86,400 S in a D
- 20,000 L U the S
- 8 F in a M
- 12 M in a Y
- 2 M for S S
- 7 D S
- 20,000,000 M to E
- 666 T N of T B
- 50 S of G
Stay safe, cheers Roger.
OK so as promised here the answers to the quiz I posted on Wednesday, how did you do?
- 1001 A N (1001 Arabian Nights)
- 2001 A S O (2001 A Space Odyssey)
- 3 C in the F (3 Coins in the Fountain)
- 3 M in a B (3 Men in a Boat)
- 50 W T L Y L (50 Ways To Leave Your lover)
- 8 O of T C P W (8 Out Of Ten Cats Prefer Whiskers)
- 1 F O the C N (1 Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest)
- 7 P on a N T (7 Players on a Netball Team)
- 12 D of C (12 Days of Christmas)
- 221b B S (221b Baker Street)
- 7 B for S B (7 Brides for Seven Brothers)
- 86,400 S in a D (86,400 Seconds in a Day)
- 20,000 L U the S (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
- 8 F in a M (8 Furlongs in a Mile)
- 12 M in a Y (12 Months in a Year)
- 2 M for S S (2 Mules for Sister Sarah)
- 7 D S (7 Deadly Sins)
- 20,000,000 M to E (20,000,000 Miles to Earth)
- 666 T N of T B (666 The Number of The Beast)
- 50 S of G (50 Shades of Grey)
Stay safe, cheers Roger.
I think it’s far too early for my head to solve problems, but will ponder on them some more
Ha ha, I had to look at the a few times before i got a lot of then.
worked out 9
1) 1001 Angel Number
2) 2001 a space odyssey
3) 3 coins in the fountain
5) 50 ways to leave your lover
6) 8 out of 10 cats prefer Whiskas
13) 20,000 leagues under the sea
17) 7 deadly sins
19) 666 the number of the beast
20) 50 shades of grey
Very good Dave,8 of them are spot on, and one works but isn’t the answer I have.
1. 1001 A N- 1001 Arabian Knights
2. 2001 A S O- 2001 a Space Odyssey
9. 12 D of C- 12 days of Christmas
11. 7 B for S B- 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
12. 86,400 S in a D- 84,600 seconds in a day
13. 20,000 L U the S- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
15. 12 M in a Y- 12 Months in a Year
16. 2 M for S S- Two Mules for Sister Sarah
18. 20,000,000 M to E- 20,000,000 miles to earth
19. 666 T N of T B- 666 the number of the beast
20. 50 S of G- 50 shades of Grey (did Roger just admit his secret shame?)
I suspect google would find them quite easily. Proudly, i didn’t cheat!
What! is it “Shades” I thought it was “Sheds”, is this not tales from hobbyists garden based retreats around the world then!!😇
As I said it’s not my quiz, I’m just forwarding it on. 🙂
Haha!!! Good save! Ill go back and looj them up. I am curious.
Right, without cheating (i.e. not looking them up on Google) I got 18, although the seconds in a day I did check, so I’m marking myself down. Only ones I didn’t get were 7 & 8, which I will have to look up, just to satisfy my curiosity. I’ run a couple of these type of quizzes before, so have the right mind set, but there were several on there I’d not experienced before, so thanks for giving my brain a work out.
Thanks Jez, very well done!, I think Number 8 is the one that is going to catch most people out tbh.
Out of my league here on movies (but nice brain teaser nonetheless).
Thanks Mark, they weren’t all movies, but I see what you mean, I’d get nowhere in a quiz about Aztecs! (or just about anything useful to be honest!).
I got so busy thru the week and finally got round too doing your quiz Kind off race thru it and off the top of my head and truthfully I got 12
But if you stick another one up Wednesday I will post answers before you reveal them
Gosh thanks Dave, twelve is pretty good to be honest without cheating! Sorry but I’ve posted all kinds of stuff on a Wednesday to pass the time, but this weeks is more “Wargames” related in keeping with what my blog is actually about.
If I do another quiz, I’ll let you know. 🙂