I’m rather hoping that the somewhat plagiarized title of this week’s post will give you a bit of a clue as to who my survivor this week is (rather loosely) based upon, anyway once again I dug the “greenstuff” out and slapped a few additions to my Copplestone “bikini babe” in order to turn her into my survivor of choice “Margot”. First up I cut away the Katana she was wielding (this will be added to a He-man addition at some point, don’t you just love happy coincidences!). Her hairstyle also needed a little filing to get it ready for its extensions too. Then holes were drilled into her right fist and the sides of her head and lengths of florist wire were pushed and bent into place. Then to cut a long story short I added her shirt, shorts, boots, baseball bat (though this is a bit of an odd shape so apologies to any baseball aficionado’s), belt and hair bunches. Then she and my zombie were based up and given a spray coat of matt black.
Then when it came time to paint “Margot”, I began as always by dry-brushing her weapon (bat) with chainmail, then turning to her shirt and the front and heels of her boots , I undercoated them in coffee and then highlighted in cream, then repeated this process on the upper parts of her shirt using pink burgundy and bright red. The shorts were then painted half metallic blue and half metallic red. Her belt and boots that I had left black were then highlighted with dark grey, and the grip of her bat was painted chocolate brown and highlighted with butternut. I added the legend “Monster” across her chest next (there was no way I was going to attempt to fit “Daddy’s lil’” there as well), then it was on to her flesh, European flesh and pale flesh were mixed for this and after her eye and lips were added a paler mix of the same was used to highlight. Her tights were next, black and leather brown were mixed to use as a base for these, and black mixed with flesh tone seven formed the highlight. Now as we were getting somewhere it was straight on to her hair, a coat of citrus orange was applied first, but as this was far too dark a heavy dry-brush of sand mixed with white went over this, and while it was still wet pink burgundy and porcelain blue were dry-brushed and blended onto her “bunches”. That just left her ear ring and belt buckle to add in bronze with shinning gold highlights and she was just about done.
Now turning to my zombie (I’m tempted to call him Robbie’ get it? Suit yourself), I must admit I wasn’t that keen on this sculpt, I don’t like the gun shoved through his stomach, but anyway, once again I began by working up from a black base coat, I began by dry-brushing his gun in chainmail, before turning to his flesh, and as I wanted to do something a little different colour wise to the others I pulled out my dark grey and pale flesh and mixed the two (mainly pale flesh) on the figure as usual, to give him his deathly pallor. Eyes and mouth came next in black and white before undercoating his T-shirt in coffee then highlighting in cream, his over shirt was given the same process using orange and then the orange was lightened with a splash of white. His jeans were first given a coat of royal blue mixed with light blue, and then the ratio of light blue was increased and highlights of this were added. His boots were chocolate brown with leather brown highlights. He kind of reminds me of one of my old gaming buddies so he had to have sandy blonde hair, and this was done with an undercoat of sand, highlighted with citrus orange, and he too was done..
After all this both figures were given the obligatory once over with the “Quickshade” before their bases were painted up in in chocolate brown, khaki, coffee and scenic green as per usual. This was followed by a little summer mix hairy grass, and then a final blow over with matt varnish “sealed the deal” as it were.
Just one more week to go now, gosh it’s flown by, so till next week dear reader, sweet dreams…Cheers Roger.