Well the madness that is He-Month has begun again and though I hadn’t thought I’d be returning to Eternia this year, “Jez” over at “Carrion Crows Buffet” has talked me into another round of figure conversions to create (sometimes successfully and sometimes not so) proxies of some of the more well know characters from the seventies cartoon and toy franchise better known as “He-man and the masters of the universe”. For those of you not up to speed with this project, I give you the four characters I produced last time (Jez turned out quite a few more, but we’ll not dwell on that shall we!).
Anyway it still very early days as far as this month goes (day one to be exact), so all I really have to show you as far as my output goes is the base figures or “dollies” that will form the basis of my conversions, so look well as they may never look this good again! The two figures in the photo are from “Bronze age miniatures” and are from their 32mm dolly range, I plan to “cloth” these in “greenstuff” modelling putty and eventually end up with reasonable proximally’s of “Man-at-arms” and “The Sorceress”. The third figure, now represented by a piece of wire sticking out of a Robinsons juice drink lid will eventually be “Orko” the cheeky (I mean annoying really of course) floating wizard creature, This little chap I will be trying to produce from scratch (shouldn’t be too hard, famous last words if ever I heard them!).
Alongside these figures I will also be working on finishing the first three figures for my “Frostgrave” warband, that I hope to be painting up as part of the “Mo’vember” challenge that myself and a couple of other bloggers will be running in November (it’s all go on here, you know!). Though still not quite finished yet I have had a couple of quite productive days since Saturdays post, add the capes to both my apprentice and barbarian (his being furred on the back). My apprentice has also had her skirt added and her staff is also attached and I’ve begun adding the details. My Wizard has had his hat added and I decided in the end to cut the skull off of the top of his staff and after adding a ball to the top of it U covered the shaft with greenstuff and textured it as wood at the bottom and added what are supposed to be carved faces at the top, I now need to do the apprentices to match. Not far off now and I hope to have these finished by new weeks post.
Finally this time I have been asked to post a picture of my Prussian fleet in it’s entirety, so here you go..
Please check back to see what progress I’ve made (if any!) and also check out Jez’s efforts over at his blog, https://carrioncrowsbuffet.wordpress.com/
So till Saturday, cheers Roger.