OK well first off I guess I should apologise ahead of this weeks posting as of the two items randomly generated (honestly they are randomly generated!) the first are becoming rather familiar, and the second is not really a wargaming piece at all. Anyway last Saturday’s toss of the coin came up heads (Lancelot’s list), and the roll of the die gave me numbers…..
Box 11 (2x bases, 15mm Demonworld Knights (yet again!))
Box 27 (A 95mm tall “Deform” model of Godzilla by Amaquest)
So once again I based up the last ten of these armoured chaps (yes that’s it there are no more so I promise they wont be back again next week!) upon strips of wood for ease of painting then undercoated them with a coat of matt black. Next they were given a heavy dry-brushing of chain mail paint before the one in skirts had said items painted a bark royal blue which was then highlighted a lighter bright blue. The scabbards for their knives were next, chocolate brown highlighted with leather brown did for them and finally some shinning gold/ light gold accent’s finished them off. They were then based on some hexagonal cardboard (still can’t find the blooming proper ones!!) bases, these were then covered with “Tetrion” filler, painted brown highlighted green and flocked to match the others. I can’t believe these kept coming up but now at least they are all done.
Now I am a huge “Godzilla” fan with quite a few of his movies in my collection, so when I spotted this great little kit in a Manchester model shop years ago I had to have it, but as with so many things his box sat on my table, then on a shelf and finally forgotten up in the loft for many a year. Until I started this painting generator thing that is, and I decided to add him to the list. First thing to do was trim the parts to get a decent fit (or at least get them close to each other) copious (and I use the word literally) amounts of “Greenstuff” was used to fill the gaps there his lower legs and tail base met the upper body, and another small ring was applied where the rest of his tail joined to it’s base to hide the join. Painting began with a coat of matt black over which a heavy dry-brushing of matt black/ deep bronze green mix was applied, then a dry-brush of just bronze green and finally a light dry-brush of stone green/ light grass green mix over the ridges on his skin. His back fins were highlighted around the edges with stone green and cream (mixed on the model) and his eyes, teeth and claws were built up in layers of chocolate brown, coffee and cream, his gums are pink burgundy and his irises are orange highlighted with citrus orange. After all this I gave him a coat of “Quickshade” to darken him down a bit before finally highlighting his eyes with a dot of white and the edges of his back fins with a pale blue/ white very light dry-brush. Once dry both this, the above and below were given a coat of matt varnish. I absolutely love this little guy, he’s so full of character, he will have to have pride of place somewhere in the house (my wife isn’t aware of this yet, but I’m sure she’ll be fine about it!).
Once again while I had the “Quickshade” out (and while I had some more two pence pieces), I gave the last two of my old superheroes a coating and re-based them to match my new “super’s”, I now have all four of my “Fantastical Foursome” finished (the ladies and gents in the blue spandex and white belts, for the other three see last weeks post).
That will do for now, so till next week, Cheers Roger.