OK first off Happy Easter to you all and I hope you aren’t to full of chocolate! Now I have to admit that painting week one has not been as productive as I’d hoped, mainly due to laziness on my part if I’m honest, I have got the first five figures finished (just!) and as you can see photographed as well. I decided to use an Ork building that Myles picked up from a bring and buy a couple of years ago (actually there are seven of them, we had some fun packing them, the Trade stand and four people into a car!), but I digress, I thought they might make the pictures a bit more interesting, not sure if it’s worked or not but it was a lot harder trying to get them in focus!
Anyway on to the figures themselves…
Going in the same order as last time we’ll start with our leader, who I put in a short jacket, this I paint in green to give it a military look with the large patch on his chest in a contrasting red and white. I then did his trousers in pale grey and belt, boots etc in black.
Next we have our “biker” I did him in a camouflage T-shirt and pants in khaki drab to add to the military weekend warrior look. His backpack was done in a blue/grey and boots and accessories were painted black. Finally I did his headband red to add a bit of colour.
My “Hoodie” figure gave me a bit of a head scratching dilemma, as I wasn’t quite sure what colour to go with, so in the end I played it safe and went for one of my “go to” colours of maroon (I seem to end up using this colour on a lot of figures for some reason), the bit of his shirt that was visible I just went for white, and his trousers are the same grey as the leader. Belts and boots are leather brown, not very ambitious, but he looks OK.
“Princess Di” (as I’ve been calling her) had to be blond, though her bright hair somewhat negates her camouflage pants and jacket, as do the large golden earrings, but hey it’s the future so who knows what will be standard military issue. Another white shirt was added underneath and leather brown bits and bobs finish her off. Looking at her now I wish I’d added rolls at the bottoms of her sleeves to look like they were long sleeves rolled up rather than short sleeves, but oh well whats done is done.
Lastly we have our “UFO” lady, I did go for lilac hair, and decided to carry the theme on with her clothes. So, a lavender top with cream puff sleeves and a plum skirt and back bag were next and leather brown boots and holster with gold buttons along with gold jewellery and detailing on her gun. I must admit I think she’s my favourite out of these five figures, and would make quite a nice character figure in some game or other, hmm well see….
All the figures were then given a coat of Armypainter Quickshade (strong tone) and once based were matt varnished. The bases on all the figures were first painted chocolate brown before being heavily dry brushed with Khaki and then lightly dry brushed with coffee, then sections were painted over with grass green and “javis” hairy flock glued on, this means that they are the same as my superhero figures that I did a bit back, so if I do paint up the troopers as “Shield” types then they will still be able to be used with these too, (I don’t just throw these ideas together, well not all the time anyway).